Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you ship to homes or offices?We definitely do, that's our business, to select the best and freshest fish and deliver it straight to you!
- How is your seafood packaged? All of our seafood is packaged in a styrofoam box which has the best insulation followed by a corrugated box on the outside of it for even more protection. All of our fresh orders are shipped with gel packs to maintain the freshness and quality.
- How much is freight? Since we are dealing with perishables, we do have to use overnight FedEx, UPS, Purolator or Courier to ship all products. Freight is a bit expensive but it needs to be that way to preserve the quality. Depending on your order and address, freight will vary. Before you complete your order you will be able to see the freight charge. We try to help out by keeping the seafood prices low and in fact we're significantly less than other retailers. We also don't have any minimums so you don't need to buy a 10 lb box of fish and keep it for months in your freezer. Order as much as you need so it's always fresh when you need to cook it. We RECOMMEND always choosing overnight or 1 Day for freight. 2 Day is an option and costs slightly less but 1 day is always best.
- Is there FREE SHIPPING? We currently only offer Free Shipping on orders in Ontario that are $200 or more. We are working hard with couriers to improve the rates outside of Ontario in order to provide this to other provinces as well.
- When is the latest time I can order for the weekend? We ship all orders on Monday to Thursday. As long as the order is in by Thursday at 11am EST, we can ship it out the same day for Friday arrival as long as the carrier ships to your area overnight. We never ship out Friday for Saturday arrival as not all carriers deliver on Saturday and we can't risk the the product staying over the weekend at a shipping depot.
- How long do shipments take? We ship all orders overnight priority to you. We want the fish to get to you as soon as possible. If your address is not in an overnight priority zone, we will contact you and either make alternative arrangements or have to cancel the order if we feel we can't get the seafood to you in a fresh state. Once your ships it usually arrives the next day to you unless we email you otherwise.
- When do I need to place my order? As long as you place your order by 11am EST, it can arrive to you by the next business day. We only ship order Monday to Thursday. Feel free to leave special instructions if you have a specific date that the order must arrive by. You can select a future date. We do not ship out on Fridays since the weekend tends to have delays or not the same service.
- Do you ship internationally? We only ship within Canada. To send product over the borders is not feasible with current custom rules.
- Do you freeze the fish before you ship it? We do not freeze any fish before it leaves. If it's fresh fish you order, it's fresh fish you will receive. If it's frozen fish you order then it will be frozen when it leaves our warehouse.
- How do we know your product will be fresh? We only ship the freshest and highest quality product. We want you to repeat your orders so we make sure quality is number one. Our experienced team here has been in the seafood industry for over 30 years and they have a keen eye on quality.
- How long will the fish last when you receive it? When you receive your order, you have about 2 to 3 days to use the fresh fish. If you aren't going to use it all in the next couple of days, then we recommend you freeze it up as soon as you receive the order and use it when you need it.
- What if I am not Home at time of delivery? We do recommend trying to be home for time of delivery. The Couriers are instructed to leave your order at your door if no one is home. However, since we are dealing with perishables, we do recommend being home so you can put the product in the fridge &/or freezer right away. If you are NOT home or can't be then you will have to place the order and assume the risk as per our terms & conditions.
- What Should I do When I receive my Order? As soon as the Courier drops your order off, we recommend you check it for quality and accuracy and then put it in the fridge &/or freezer immediately depending on if it is fresh or frozen. We do pack with Dry Ice when necessary to make sure it arrives in excellent condition.
- What quantities do I order? Please make sure to look at the product description. If it has a weight such as 454g or 680g then you can order by the package. If it says 'by the LB', then please order by the weight that you need.
- What if my order is incorrect? If you are not completely satisfied with your order, contact us right away and we will take care of it. Our goal is to build a long-lasting relationship with you our customer.
- What if I don't receive my order within 24 hours of receiving the Shipping Notification? Since we do always ship overnight priority, please contact us if you do not receive you order withing 24 hours of receiving of your Shipping Email. We do use couriers such as FedEx and UPS which are the most reliable, but they may have delays or lose packages unfortunately at times. We do guarantee your order to come within 48 hours and we pack enough dry ice to do so. In the event an order is lost or delayed past 48 hours, we will refund you the money for the entire order.
- What if my lobsters are not moving? We only ship live lobsters from our facility to make sure they arrive alive. If they are not moving, they may be dormant. They are safe to cook up the day you receive them or the next day. Just keep them refrigerated until you actually cook them. A good lobster when cooked, has it's tail curved after it has been steamed or boiled and the meat will be firm.
- How to order lobsters? All of our lobsters are sold by the piece, so if you do want a specific number of lobsters and specific size, please make sure to select the correct size and just enter the number of pieces. For example, 10 pieces of lobsters at 1.5 LBS, enter 10 pieces in the 1.5 LB Live Lobster product code.
- What size of lobsters do you carry? We carry the most popular sizes: 1 LB, 1.25 LB, 1.5 LB, 1.75-2 LB and 2-3 LB. 1.5 LB is by far the most popular size and makes a great serving size for 1 lobster per person.
- How should I thaw our frozen seafood? We always recommend you thaw out frozen fish & seafood in the refrigerator overnight or for about 6 to 9 hours. Once defrosted, cook it immediately. If you do need a quicker solution to thaw it out, you can at your own risk run it under cold water to thaw in 30 minutes. Always use cold water though if you do need to do this.
- Can I send orders as Gifts? You bet you can and you sure would make someone happy! If you would like to add a gift message to the order, just add it to the order notes.
- Can I Purchase Gift Cards? Yes, the option is available under it's own category. Gift Cards will be mailed out with Canada Post. If you would like to add a gift message to the order, just add it to the order notes.
- Do you have any recipes? We specialize in catching the fish but we do work with seafoodchef.ca that has quite a few recipes on their site specialized for fish & seafood. Check them out!
If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask, we're here to help. Just click on Contact.
Also, please view or Terms & Conditions.