Fresh Sea Scallops
Wild Sea Scallops caught in New Bedford, Massachusetts. The fresh Jumbo Atlantic Scallops are an ocean's delicacy unrivaled anywhere else in the world. These fresh scallops have no moisture added and are chemical free. The count on scallops represents the number per pound. For instance, 10/20 means you will receive 10 to 20 scallops in a single pound. Our scallops at seafoodonline.ca are All Natural which means no moisture is added to them.
Delicious Seared Sea Scallops
Are you ready to elevate your meal to an ocean delicacy? This easy Sea Scallop recipe will add taste and sophistication to any lunch or dinner.
• 1 lemon
• 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
• 1/4 cup sliced shallots
• 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
• 2 cups heavy whipping cream
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 3 pounds large scallops
• 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter, divided
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1. Using vegetable peeler, remove peel (yellow part only) from lemon in long strips. Squeeze 1 1/2 tablespoons juice from lemon. Combine wine, shallots, garlic, and lemon peel in heavy small saucepan.
2. Boil until mixture is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Add cream and turmeric and boil until mixture thickens and is reduced to 1 1/4 cups (About 13 minutes).
3. Pour mixture through fine strainer; discard solids in strainer. Return sauce to pan. Whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before serving, bring to simmer over medium heat, whisking occasionally.)
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter with 1 tablespoon of oil in a heavy, large skillet over high heat. Working in batches, add scallops to skillet and sear until browned and almost opaque in center, while adding remaining tablespoon of butter and oil to skillet as needed (About 1 minute per side). Transfer scallops to rimmed baking sheet (Make 20 minutes prior). Let it stand at room temperature.
5. Bake scallops until an opaque colour appears in the center and is heated through (About 3 minutes). Divide sauce among plates.
Arrange scallops atop sauce and serve.
*Today until Dec 6, 2019. Applies only to these five Scallop Products: